SHIPPING / DELIVERY
- As a service to our customers, Sara Palacios Designs will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. All charges will be included on the final balance due notice.
- If the customer chooses to manage their own freight and delivery, Sara Palacios Designs must be notified of the specific details of the movement. The fee to move the product from a manufacturer to a terminal for "customer's own" pick-up will be added to the balance due. All product is moved through a Bill of Lading.
- Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in transit is the owner’s and all claims for freight damage must be made within 72 hours of receipt.
- If the customer selects their own freight carrier, freight claims must be filed directly with the selected carrier. Sara Palacios Designs is not responsible for a customer’s own or third party freight damage and claim.
RECEIPT OF PRODUCT
A qualified receiving person should be present to accept products when delivered directly to a home.
- A signature on the BOL upon receipt of the products confirms that the products are received in good condition unless the exception is made on the BOL. If the merchandise is refused upon delivery for quality or damage issues, the receiver should contact the Sara Palacios Designs at sara@sarapalaciosdesigns immediately.
- If the driver must "drop and dash", the receiver should note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier.
INSPECTION OF PRODUCT
- Inspect the cartons or crates carefully. If there is any visible damage to the packaging note it on the BOL. Take photos of any damage to the packaging, this is necessary to resolve damage claims.
- Unpack the cartons or crates. Inspect all merchandise carefully. Cartons and crates should always be unpacked in your presence. NEVER discard original packaging until satisfied with the delivery.
- All claims should be reported to the customer service manager at the Sara Palacios Designs
PRODUCT QUALITY AND IN-TRANSIT DAMAGE REPORTING
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete, and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of the products at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the products in the condition in which they were received. Inspection of the boxed or crated products are limited to the exterior of the packages. Exceptions must be noted and the packages opened at once if the condition of the cartons or crates appears compromised.
Do not attempt a return without first having obtained a written authorization.